- 170 g Red Lentil Fusilli
- 1.5 L water for boiling the pasta
- 1 tsp salt
- 250 g minced pork
- 15 g fresh western sweet basil
- 4 red chilli padi cut into small pieces
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 80 g long bean cut into 1 cm long each
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients
- Garlic: Use a knife to flatten it slightly. Remove the skin, slice and minced it
- Red chilli padi: Cut into small pieces
- Long bean: Cut the long bean into 1cm long each
- Mix the seasoning into a bowl, give it a good stir and set aside
Step 2: Boil the pasta
- In a pot, boil 1500ml water.
- Once it starts to boil, add salt and pasta. Give it a good stir and let it cook for 7 mins.
Step 3: Cook the basil pork while the pasta is boiling
- In a frying pan, heat 2 tbsp oil. Add in chilli and garlic, fry till the fragrant releases.
- Add in the pork. Use your spatula to quickly break up the pork. Stir-fry it till it’s about ¾ cooked and you don’t see big lumps. Add in the seasoning, stir fry it till the pork is cooked.
- Add in long bean and fry for 30 sec.
- Add in the fresh basil leaves and fry till the herb wilts.
- Add in the boiled fusilli, give it a cook mix and let it simmer on low heat for 2 mins. Add in some pasta water if the gravy is too dry.
- Once it’s cooked, set aside in the pan and let the flavors come together.
Step 4: Cook Sunny-side up, assemble and serve.
- In a pan with a lid, heat 1 tbsp oil.
- Crack in an egg. Cover with the lid and let it cook for 1 min.
- The egg is ready when the rim is brown and crispy.
- Dish out the pasta and top it up with an egg.