Want to prepare something nutritious, healthy & delicious in a jiffy but have no idea what to do? Here’s how you can whip up a delicious meal full of hearty protein, fresh greens, and healthy grains in under 30 minutes!
Sharing with you a recipe provided by one of our very own ShareFood content producer, Elle Gwee!
Cauliflower rice has been all the hype these days and today we learn to make our own cauliflower rice from scratch!
First, let’s get cracking on the chicken first. Season the chicken thigh pieces with Cajun seasoning.
Heat up the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add in the seasoned Cajun chicken pieces onto the skillet and cook for five minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. A tip here is to constantly flip the chicken to ensure that it does not get burnt.
Cook the chicken thigh for five minutes, flip and continue to cook for another three minutes, until it is slightly charred. Remove from skillet and set the browned cooked chicken pieces aside until it is ready to be served with the cauliflower rice.
Making cauliflower rice is not as difficult as it looks! Follow these steps to make delicious and nutritious grains that are low in calorie and high in fibre.
Working in batches, place the cauliflower florets in a food processor and pulse until broken down into rice-sized pieces. Remember not to let the food processor just run on its own as it will cause the cauliflower bits to turn into mush.
Blitz it by pulsing the blender - on and off.
To cook the cauliflower rice, heat the vegetable oil in a pan, add garlic and red onion and fry for two minutes until fragrance emits. It’s now time to add in the cauliflower bits.
Fry for about five minutes until the rice turns translucent. Set the cauliflower rice aside in a bowl as we start to assemble the ingredients.
Add in cooked chicken pieces, red bell pepper slices, avocados and mango pieces.
Pair this rice bowl with a delicious dressing that is not only healthy, but only requires a few simple ingredients!
Here's how to make the dressing - In a bowl, combine plain yogurt, lime juice, lime zest, honey, white wine vinegar, pepper salt, fresh cilantro and, mix thoroughly to form a smooth dressing.
Pour desired amount of dressing onto rice bowl and serve.
- 350 g boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 300 g cauliflower sliced in florets
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup garlic about 3 cloves
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1 avocado peeled, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded, thinly sliced
- 1 mango peeled, chopped
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp lime zest
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar and extra-virgin olive oil mixed together
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chopped fresh cilantro
- green onions sliced
- fresh cilantro chopped
- Season chicken thighs with cajun seasoning.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken thighs for 5 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through.
- Cook for 3 more minutes to brown the surface of the chicken.
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside for 5 minutes before serving.
- Working in batches, place cauliflower florets in a food processor and pulse until broken down into rice-sized pieces. #Tip: Do not let the food processor just run because you will end up with mush.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan.
- Add garlic and red onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in cauliflower rice and cook for 5 minutes.
- Set aside cauliflower rice into bowl and prepare to serve.
- In a mixing bowl, combine yogurt, lime juice, lime zest, honey, white wine vinegar, pepper, salt, fresh cilantro, mix until well-combined.
- Place cauliflower rice in bowl.
- Top with sliced chicken, red bell pepper slices, avocado slices and chopped mango.
- Drizzle the prepared dressing over the chicken, fruits and vegetables.
- Garnish with sliced green onions.